August 2000 to September 2004
Arkansas Municipal League, North Little Rock, AR
A government entity providing programs to 500 member Arkansas municipalities. Services and applications included: association management; dues membership; conferences and conventions; self funded health insurance, workers compensation, vehicle, property, accidental life insurance and claims processing; legal representation; municipal technology computer training; legislative lobbying; City and Town magazine and other publications.
Information Technology Manager
Position was responsible for servers, computer equipment, network, software, PBX, security, firewall, data, UPS, backup, voice and internet services, IT staff and outsource management as well as staff and city employee training. Managed workload and provided technical leadership. Directed, organized, managed and supervised multiple project teams for multiple projects. Responsibilities included equipment selection and procurement, software evaluation and selection, contract negotiations, all technology and voice related purchases, project management, as well as, continued maintenance and operations of such equipment and services.
· Environment: 9406-830 iSeries 400 Server V5R2 (Managed purchase/replacement project from Series 730; Jan 2002); SoftLanding’s Turnover change management product (implemented 2001); IBM Content Manager document repository (implemented Dec 2002);IBM On Demand (Feb 2003), Domino 6.5.3 on OS/400 (Implemented initial release; May2003); Lotus Instant Messaging and Web Conferencing (formerly Sametime implemented May 2003); Quadrant Enterprise Fax (implemented Mar 2001); IBM Lotus Team Workplace(Quickplace) 6.5.1 for iSeries (Aug 2004); BRMS, Websphere, Formation MG.
· Custom iSeries or xSeries applications include; Health Insurance, Workers Compensation, Online Registration, Legislative audit, Invoicing, Web Services such as First report of injury.
· Implemented Sonic Wall firewall, VPN and raised iSeries security level.
· Directed, managed, co-wrote project for the Disaster Recovery Plan. Exercised plan with Sungard Availability services. Developed complete DR plan for IT recovery.
· Implemented IBM Content Manager Document Repository and Fujitsu scanning stations for Health Insurance forms capture and Workers Compensation forms capture, storage and retrieval.
· Implemented Content Manager On-Demand, archiving 60+ reports from iSeries.
· Implemented scanning stations for Legal Department.
· Initiated and directed configurations, procurement and migration of multiple external Intel servers to OS/400 internal xSeries servers. Integrated and consolidated backups of internal xSeries (Intel Servers) with overall BRMS backup. Thus, simplifying recovery process.
· Intel Environment; 3 integrated xSeries servers; used for various win2k applications. Time Matters time tracking software for legal department; fax file server; anti-virus.
· Ascent Capture 5.1 for scanning applications.
· Implemented wireless network, access points and devices. (Dec 2001).
· Overall management of selection, purchase and installation of PBX Nortel Option 11 voice system. Implemented CallPilot desktop messaging and direct inward dial (2002).
· Implemented Digital recording and transcription for the Legal and Administrative departments. Replaced analog devices with digital recording and listening devices.
· Directed building contractors for re-wiring data and voice cables and conversions.
· Upgraded all PC’s (approximately 70) and Laptops (35) to Windows XP and Office XP.
· Negotiated all software, hardware, maintenance, and resource contracts. Managed invoices, renewals, and license registrations.
· Implemented desktop messaging, DID Voice, DID Fax, Instant Messaging, PDF faxing and emailing.
· Implemented Domino and replaced all email clients to Lotus Notes.
· Implemented laser checks, automatic signing and sorting and collating. Initiated forms overlays eliminating pre-printed forms.
· Managed conversion of Health Insurance Third Party Administrator to AML In-House administration. Managed all computer, data, voice and internet connectivity issues to building, as well as, converting over to AML computer network. Subsequently managed wiring of new facilities and IT equipment move.
· Responsibilities included League conventions and seminars audio/visual requirements as well as PC requirements. Purchased 16 Capacity Laptop Mobile Training Cart.
· Worked on HIPPA compliance team for IT’s involvement in x12 transaction processing.
· Implemented On-Line Conference registration and credit card processing.
· Replaced UPS system with Powerware 9170.
· Implemented IGEL Thin Client for reception area.
October 1990 to June 2001
Kilgore Systems, Inc. Little Rock, Arkansas.
Project Management; Consulting; IBM AS/400; Application Development
· Developed AS/400e RPG IV ILE RF(radio frequency) applications for Sanyo TV which is used in conjunction with Intermec bar code equipment in a manufacturing environment.
· Consulted on AS/400 Y2K remediation projects for a Paper Mill and Sanyo TV. (99)
· Partnered with SYNON’s Advanced Development Lab, Austin, TX, in developing a Pattern Tracking System in Obsydian (an object d development tool). (98)
· Experienced in web site management with MS FrontPage 98 for hosting on an AS/400 web server (COMMON user groups web page, (www.common.org)
· Designed COMMON’s web site layout and participated in the redesign effort in Spring 98.
· Systems Analysis /Accounts Receivable System for development with an object oriented tool (AS/400-RPG IV/ ABC Financial Services) (97)
· AS/400 RPG IV Custom Programming - Sales Order Management Systems (Weyerhaeuser Company- over $1Mil in sales daily) (96-97)
· Designed/Developed an interface from Sales to General Ledger. (AS/400 Weyerhaeuser)(95)
· Designed/Developed a Sales Tax reporting system. (AS/400 RPG III Weyerhaeuser)(95)
· Experienced in using Turnover System by Softlanding Inc., a Change Management System
· Experienced in using SoftMenu by Softlanding Inc., a Menu Management System Custom AS/400-RPG IV Design/Development of a Quality Control System for a national sales office of a lumber company.
· Custom AS/400-RPG IV Design/Development of a Quality Control System (Claims Processing) providing extensive interactive database search capability. (Weyerhaeuser)(94)
· Custom AS/400-RPG IV Programming of a Materials Management Distribution System.
· S/38 to AS/400-RPG Migration (for IBM’s Professional Services Group)(93)
· JD Edwards Purchasing system customization. (ENSCO Environmental Systems Company)(90)
· Implemented TurningPoint Systems, Inc. a distribution package (Associated Pharmacies)(91)
· Developed a Request/Change Management System for use on an AS/400-RPG IV (94)
November 1989 to October 1990
Arkansas Data Services. Conway, Arkansas.
IBM business partner providing consulting on IBM midrange systems. Consultant for the IBM
· Banking/Financial Software Development for the banking industry
· JD Edwards Payroll
· Purchasing (Carlton-Bates).
July 1987 to November 1989
Orbit Valve Company. Little Rock, Arkansas.
International manufacturer of industrial valves. Manufacturing Systems Analyst for the IBM
System 38. Managed manufacturing projects, identified requirements, worked with programmers.
· Successfully designed and implemented a Maintenance Repair and Operating Supplies System.
August 1983 to November 1986
Nash Phillips/Copus. Austin, Texas.
The nation's eighth largest homebuilder in 1985. A "State of the Art" IBM System 38 installation.
Manager of Financial Systems.
· Worked with Financial management staff on programming and system designs.
· Aug. 1983 to Nov. 1985 - Programmer/Analyst. Systems Development Department.
· IBM System 38 - New systems development, data conversions, APPC
· Developed a Fixed Asset system for the System 38.
July 1982 to July 1983
The Arkansas Gazette Company. Little Rock, Arkansas.
Programmer/Analyst. RPG II/IBM System 34 and RPG III/IBM System 38
January 1981 to July 1982
Mail Marketing Services, a division of International Graphics Industries.
Little Rock, Arkansas.
A direct mail facility. Programmer/Analyst on an IBM System 38 using RPG
Speaking engagements include: AGFOA (Arkansas Government Finance Officers Association);
COMMON; SMC-IT (Southern Municipal Conference- IT conferences); Arkansas Municipal
League Annual Conferences; MTAP (Municipal Technology Assistance Program) Seminars
November 1997 – July 1998 - Web Master for IBM Midrange User Group, COMMON.
March 1996 - 1998 Publications Manager for IBM Midrange User Group, COMMON.
March 1994 - 1996. Manager of NewsCOM, a quarterly publication of COMMON.
1989 - Arkansas Users Group board of directors.
University of Houston.
College Honor Graduate, Arkansas College of Technology, January, 1981.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock and Fayetteville.
Technical Courses, Training, and Conferences
• IBM Technical Conference: Miami, October 17-21, 2005
• IBM Websphere Portal Technical Conference: Las Vegas, September 19-21 2005
• IBM Intro to J2EE and Application integration in WebSphere Portal June 28-29, 2005
• Southern Municipal Conferences for Information Technology.
• On Demand and Content Manager Administration training.
• Call Pilot desktop messaging administration training.
• IBM BRMS backup system training.
• Quadrant Enterprise Fax Server administration 2001
• SYNON- Obsydian Group Model Administration 08/07/97 - 08/08/97.
• SYNON- Working with Obsydian class libraries 08/04/97- 08/06/97.
• SYNON- Introduction to Obsydian 07/21/97 - 07/25/97.
• Information Technology Project Management- Analysis and Design for Client/Server GUI
Systems. A five day course on the methodology of Client/Server design.
• Fusion Object Oriented Analysis and Design: a five day course on the Fusion object-oriented
analysis and design methodology. (HP Educational Services)
• LANSA- Introduction to LANSA for the AS/400 – 2/9/98 - 2/13/98.
• COMMON (National Midrange Users Group) five day educational conferences attended;
Spring 1989, Spring 1991, Fall 1991, Spring 1992, Fall 1992, Spring 1993, Fall 1993, Spring
1994, Fall 1994, Spring 1995, Fall 1995, Fall 1996, Spring 1997, Fall 1997, Spring 1998, Fall
2000, Spring/Fall 2001, Fall 2002, Spring 2003